3 original healthy recipes which you and your dog can both enjoy. These are simple and quick to make.
Salmon and bean pâté
- 170g (6oz) tinned salmon
- 200g (7oz) tinned butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of roughly chopped fresh dill
- Carrot sticks (to serve)
- Blend the butterbeans, salmon, olive oil and lemon juice using a food processor or hand held blender, until smooth and creamy. If the pate isn’t coming together well or appears a little dry add a dash water and blend until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add the fresh dill to the pate and pulse until combined. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for and consume within two days.
Sweet potato and rosemary crisps
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 5 teaspoon of finely chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200oC (390oF).
- Peel the sweet potato then slice very finely, using a mandolin if possible.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a bowl with the olive oil and rosemary and mix so every slice is lightly coated in the oil.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in a single layer on a baking tray (you may need more than one tray) and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until they begin to curl up and lightly brown at the edges. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of the slices so watch them carefully; browning at the edges adds to the flavour but they can very quickly burn if left in the oven for too long.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet then serve immediately.
Peanut butter popcorn
- 35g popcorn (bagged, microwave or pop your own kernels)
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of smooth, natural peanut butter (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Put the peanut butter in a small bowl and mix in the honey (if using). If the mixture seems a little thick for coating the popcorn stir in 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Place the popcorn into a large bowel then pour over the peanut butter mixture. Stir or mix together with your hands until the popcorn is evenly coated with the mixture and serve. Best consumed on the same day.